The first 30 minutes were somewhat decent by building up the plot and developing the story, but it completely fell apart after that.First of all, you can see the plot twist coming a mile away so all you can do is sit and wait for it to play out. In one word - terrible!I understand that it's supposed to be an action movie so can't expect some deep storyline here, but even the action scenes can't save it because of the awful acting.Nicolas Cage does a half-decent job for most of the movie, but it's completely sunk by the rest of the cast.I suppose the terrible writing didn't help either, since it's a goof-fiesta once the robbers get in the bank. Just to name a few: SPOILER:
- the ride-along kid is completely cool when the cop car is being gunned down by an automatic gunfire next to the bank,
- cops just shoot at the bank when there are hostages inside with no regard to their lives; also they can't hit a side of the barn if their lives depended on it, one cop even tries to hit something with a shotgun while there's the whole parking lot between him and the bank,
- when evacuating the shot officer, the cops don't pay any attention to the safety of the ride-along kid and just run away, also they decide that running through the middle of the street where they are the most exposed to gunfire, is a "good idea",
- cop's wife just runs into ER room during an operation and exposes her husband to possible wound infections,
- the role of the Interpol lady in nonsensical throughout the whole movie, she acts like she knows everything, I guess because she has read the script, so she's there at the end to finish off the main bad guy...