This was a terrible dark movie. And yes. That might be something good. Yet here... Not so much.
Most of the movie was shot in the dark. So really no way of telling what was going on.
Besides that: many "flaws"...
- A rat eating through a can without leaving a trace;
- A shelter with two "entrances" (one a door, one a "window"). One entrance that needs two ladders to climb out. The other can be climbed with the help of another person. Yet the floors of the shelter aren't mounting;
- Worrying about smoke leaving the shelter. Fine. Sure. But ashes leaving the shelter from a small fire? Not so much...;
- Creatures walking on top of shelter. They (inside) try to stay still and silent. Yet they don't worry too much (read: at all) about the lights that are still on and shining through their "window".
- They're leaving through the "window" when the breathers are entering their "door" rather slowly, and don't seem to care that the window and the door are in plain visible sight of each other (hence: girl watching the door from the window with the "periscope" earlier).
Ehm... I really could go on for a while.
This film had quite a good plot. But come on: it wasn't too realistic (a school shelter with only a hand full of bunk beds?). I never felt any tension at all while watching it, I was that much annoyed by flaws.
Oh well. Maybe it's just me...