This is the most ironic documentary ever produced. The ol' "Do as I say, not as I do" is in full swing with Leo. He probably edited this on his 6000 foot yacht with the carbon footprint of a small country. But hey. It's Leo. So I guess you should believe everything he says right
Ice on Fire (2019) 1080p YIFY Movie
Ice on Fire (2019) 1080p
Ice on Fire is a movie starring Leonardo DiCaprio. Can we reverse climate change? Ice on Fire explores the many ways we reduce carbon inputs to the atmosphere and, more important, how to "draw" carbon down, bringing CO2 out of the...
IMDB: 7.11 Likes
- Genre: Documentary |
- Quality: 1080p
- Size: 1.86G
- Resolution: / fps
- Language: English
- Run Time: 95
- IMDB Rating: 7.1/10
- MPR: Normal
- Peers/Seeds: 54 / 60
The Synopsis for Ice on Fire (2019) 1080p
Can we reverse climate change? Ice on Fire explores the many ways we reduce carbon inputs to the atmosphere and, more important, how to "draw" carbon down, bringing CO2 out of the atmosphere and thus paving the way for global temperatures to go down. Reversing climate change is urgent, given that the world passed 400 parts per million CO2 in the atmosphere resulting in climate instability across the globe. We have heard the predictions but now climate related events are a daily reality - summer 2018 was the hottest on record, storms are stronger, droughts are longer, the arctic ice is thin or non-existent and antarctica is melting faster than predicted. Through visiting visionaries and scientists young and old, the film explores the deep hope that we can turn away from the brink. And, just as we figure out drawdown, we face an added complexity, the release of methane, a powerful greenhouse gas in the arctic, that is now entering the atmsphere. As the film says: "Is it game over? Or is...
The Director and Players for Ice on Fire (2019) 1080p
The Reviews for Ice on Fire (2019) 1080p
Wait a second...Reviewed bystephenhamer-93084Vote: 3/10
This is a pertinent and powerful documentary once again coming from DiCaprio. This documentary tries to find ways to stop or reverse the negative effects of climate change. The cinematography is brilliant; the narrative voice of DiCaprio confident and urgent without being haughty. And most importantly, it is based on facts and statistics from around the world.
This is just a simple introduction documentary on Climate Change, focusing entry level science, without ever touching on the underlying human reasons why we are facing it
1. nothing on China, and China's refusal to accept oversight in meeting climate change reduction goals. US has woken up to this, and have consequentially pulled out of the Climate Change accords.
2. nothing on China which is introducing back what is supposed to be banned ozone destroying gas into the atmosphere, thus ceasing the healing of the ozone layer . There is also a dramatic increase of methane gas production in China over the past years despite what the central government has planned against.
3. nothing on billionaire industrialists whom run factories in countries by consideration of how lax their pollution laws are, and neither any revelation on why these industrialists refuse to adopt more environmentally friendly industrial processes and post-manufacturing disposal.
Neither are there interviews of how these ultra-elites ( the ones which owns half of the world's wealth) on how they view their actions on the well-being of the planet.
4. nothing on multi-billion consumer products companies on why they lied about recycling ( re: recycling scandal of coffee cups in Canada , USA where bins are allocated but in actuality, rubbish is dumped without distinction ), on why there is mass over packing of products (re: emerging scandal), waste of resources by excessive corporate travel.
5. zero on how governments in USA, Europe, China, India, will ever encourage their billionaire elites to adopt true green practices (meaning, not just pilot programs meant for PR fluff)
6. and of course no interviews with top-tier politicians on how they can get every invested party to stick to agreed rules. ( if these rules can even be agreed to in the first place. )